THE ROLLING STONES - SINGLES 1967
















Let's Spend The Night Together

A : Let's Spend The Night Together (MJ/KR) B : Ruby Tuesday (MJ/KR)

Producer : Andrew OldhamSound Engineer : Glyn JohnsRecorded : A - 11.1966, B - 16.11.1966Studio : Olympic Sound Studios, London Released : 13.01.1967Decca F 12546
“Let’s Spend the Night Together” is a song by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, originally released by The Rolling Stones in 1967. It has been covered by various artists, most famously David Bowie in 1973. Released in the UK as a single in January 1967, “Let’s Spend the Night Together” reached #3 on the UK Singles Chart. The song was included on the U.S. version of the Stones’ album Between the Buttons, and was also released there as a single. However, due to the-then controversial nature of the lyrics (proposing a sexual encounter) most radio stations opted to play the flip side “Ruby Tuesday” instead.[1] The two songs charted separately on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, “Let’s Spend the Night Together” stalling at #55 while “Ruby Tuesday” became a #1 hit. Both “Ruby Tuesday” and “Let’s Spend the Night Together” feature piano by Jack Nitzsche.

lyric


(Jagger/Richards) My, My, My, My Don't you worry 'bout what's on your mind (Oh my) I'm in no hurry I can take my time (Oh my) I'm going red and my tongue's getting tied (tongues's getting tied) I'm off my head and my mouth's getting dry. I'm high, But I try, try, try (Oh my) Let's spend the night together Now I need you more than ever Let's spend the night together now I feel so strong that I can't disguise (oh my) Let's spend the night together But I just can't apologize (oh no) Let's spend the night together Don't hang me up just to let me down (don't let me down) We could have fun just groovin' around around and around Let's spend the night together Now I need you more than ever Let's spend the night together Let's spend the night together Now I need you more than ever You know I'm smiling baby You need some guiding baby Now I need you more than ever Let's spend the night together Let's spend the night together now This doesn't happen to me ev'ryday (oh my) Let's spend the night together No excuses offered anyway (oh my) Let's spend the night together I'll satisfy your every need (every need) And I now know you will satisfy me Let's spend the night together Now I need you more than ever Let's spend the night together now



US version


: Let's Spend The Night Together (MJ/KR) B : Ruby Tuesday (MJ/KR)



Producer : Andrew OldhamSound Engineer : Glyn JohnsRecorded : A - 11.1966 , B - 16.11.1966Studio : Olympic Sound Studios , London Released : 14.01.1967London 45 LON 904



We Love You
A : We Love You (MJ/KR) B : Dandelion (MJ/KR)

Producer : Andrew OldhamSound Engineers : Glyn Johns & Eddie KramerRecorded : A - 13, 21.06, 2, 19.07.1967, B - 12, 13.06, 2.07.1967Studio : Olympic Sound Studios, London Released : 18.08.1967 Decca F 12654
“We Love You” is a rock song written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, first released as Decca single F12654 in the UK by The Rolling Stones on August 18, 1967, with a B-side of “Dandelion.” It went top ten in Britain, peaking at #8, but only made it to #50 in the United States. This single and its flipside would be the final Stones recordings receiving a production credit for band manager Andrew Loog Oldham.The song is a droning Moroccan influenced anthem of defiance. Outwardly, it was a message from the band to its fans, expressing appreciation for support in the wake of their recent drug busts. It was also an ironic, tongue in cheek slap in the faces of the police harrassing them and the Stones’ true feelings about it, putting on a cooperative and friendly face while inside they were seething with anger and indignation (as is represented by Brian Jones’ unforgettably surreal Mellotron in the background). “We Love You” is a psychedelic collage of jail sounds, Nicky Hopkins’ foreboding piano riff, and otherworldly tape delayed vocal effects, featuring a visiting John Lennon and Paul McCartney on high harmonies.

lyric

We don't care if you only love "we" We don't care if you only love "we" We love you, we love you, and we hope that you will love "we" too We love "they," we love "they," and we want you to love "they" too Ah We don't care if you hound "we" and love is all around "we" Love can't get our minds off, we love you, we love you You will never win "we," Your uniforms don't fit "we" We forget the place we're in 'Cause we love you We love you, of course, we do I love you, I love you And I hope that you won't prove wrong too We love you, we do, we love you, we do, Ah

US version

A : We Love You (MJ/KR) B : Dandelion (MJ/KR)

Producer : Andrew OldhamRecorded : A - 13,21.06, 2,19.07.1967, B - 12,13.06, 2.07.1967Studio : Olympic Sound Studios, London
Released : 2.09.1967London 45 LON 905
This was also a “Thank You” to The Beatles, The Who and the editorial page of the London Times, who supported and spoke out in favor of the Stones after Jagger, Richards and Jones were arrested on drug charges. The Who recorded and released a double A-side of the Stones’ “The Last Time” and “Under My Thumb” to keep the Stones’ music alive while they were going through their court and prison difficulties.

She's A Rainbow ( us released )

A : She's A Rainbow (MJ/KR) B : 2000 Light Years From Home (MJ/KR)


Producer : The Rolling StonesSound Engineer : Glyn JohnsRecorded : 05-10.1967Studio : Olympic Sound Studios, London
Released : 23.12.1967London 45 LON 906
This was one of the first songs The Stones produced without manager Andrew Loog Oldham. They wanted to get rid of him, so they angered him away by going against his wishes in many aspects of Their Satanic Majesties Request. John, Paul, George and Ringo of The Beatles sang the "la-la-la" background vocal on this song. Nicky Hopkins played piano on this song. Hopkins, along with Ian Stewart and Billy Preston, played on Stones albums from Between The Buttons in 1967 until Black And Blue in 1976. Preston usually played on the more Gospel-sounding songs where an organ was required; Stewart played boogie-woogie on the fast songs, and Hopkins played on the ballads.



lyric


She comes in colors everywhere; She combs her hair She's like a rainbow Coming colors in the air Oh, everywhere She comes in colors She comes in colors everywhere; She combs her hair She's like a rainbow Coming colors in the air Oh, everywhere She comes in colors Have you seen her dressed in blueSee the sky in front of you And her face is like a sail Speck of white so fair and pale Have you seen the lady fairerShe comes in colors everywhere; She combs her hair She's like a rainbow Coming colors in the air Oh, everywhere She comes in colors Have you seen her all in goldLike a queen in days of old She shoots colors all around Like a sunset going down Have you seen the lady fairerShe comes in colors everywhere; She combs her hair She's like a rainbow Coming colors in the air Oh, everywhere She comes in colors She's like a rainbow Coming colors in the air Oh, everywhere



WE LOVE YOU (instrumental)